Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! Where did the summer go?? Oh wait, I know, it was spent working our tail off to get Portal 4.0 and the new chapter website ready for the school year!!
We are finally here, and of the 20+ new features, modules, and improvements, I have listed the top 10 aspects that EVERY VOLUNTEER should know about to make the best use of the new website and portal to help you raise more marks, money and roofs this year!
- NEW 90 second Videos for Exam-AIDs, Volunteering, and Outreach trips!: We have created three 90-second videos that are front-and-center of the 3 landing pages of your new website (below)! Make sure you play these at info sessions, at your orientation,… anytime! BUT, make sure you are still playing the ‘What is SOS’ 1 minute video here at the beginning of your Exam-AID sessions:
Exam-AID Video: (almost finished!!)
- New initiatives (Selling package, Digital Exam-AIDs, Practice Exams): From all your great feedback, we have added the ability for you to create new initiatives – all in 1 place on the FULL Exam-AID Manager & Coordinator landing page.
- Package Only: You can now indicate that you want to sell the take-home package. This can either be done as a stand-alone (aka, no in-person session and this will go live on your registration when you ‘activate’ it on the Exam-AID Manager) or as a supplement to your in-person session (this will show up on the registration page AFTER the session has started to encourage people to attend the live session & to give the coordinators/tutors time to finish & upload the package).
- Digital Exam-AIDs: Many chapters have started doing these – filming volunteers during the session and posting the videos online where students can pay to watch them! Click here to learn more!
- Practice Exams: Another type of session is offering a Practice Exam Session where you create your own exam (DO NOT use questions used in past exams) and give students the time they get for the exam for them to write it, then you guys take it up! A great way to add more value to students if you have extra tutors, or if there exists a review session from the university/prof that already is really strong.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR SITE: The new chapter site not only allows you to personalize your site with tutor bio/pic’s/testimonials, but you can add your own volunteer testimonials, own Exam-AID testimonials, you can put in information about YOUR chapter’s history, about who your team is, and all of this is on the new ‘Website Content’landing page:
MORE and more new stuff!…New marketing templates, updated handbooks for each positions, a new statistics dashboard coming, social media ideas.. and we are ALWAYS looking for ideas / suggestions! If you have a suggestion or if you find a bug/error PLEASE send us an e-mail at IT@studentsofferingsupport.ca and we will get on it asap!