You have introduced yourself to your Human Resources team via email – and now its time to get together and meet face to face! This meeting is very important and will set the tone for your team’s interactions for the rest of the term – so be sure to plan well. Here are some important topics that need to be discussed in this first meeting.
- Establish goals for your Human Resources team and clarify overall goals for your chapter (based on discussion with President and VPs).
- At the meeting:
- Establish a convenient weekly meeting time for your HR team
- Get to know your team – determine strengths and weaknesses, brainstorm ideas
- Clarify more specific goals for the year, term etc., and establish deadlines
- Establish agendas, to make meetings run efficiently – agendas also help keep your team on track with deadlines
- Have someone take meeting minutes to have for your records and reference
- Encourage your team to communicate and ask questions.
- Ask your team to CC you in all communications.
- Running Effective Meetings
Set Dates and Start Booking
- As soon as ideas are confirmed, be sure to set dates and book spaces as early as possible.
- Doing this allows volunteers to have lots of notice for events and allows you to secure spaces/locations for events.
- Remember to invite your volunteers your HR initiatives! This seems like an obvious one – but remember to spread the word.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Post: Portal Tools – Assign Course to Volunteer
Go to the HR Toolkit – TABLE OF CONTENTS