Creating an Exam-AID schedule is the responsibility of the VP Logistics with help from Coordinators. This requires much attention to detail to ensure a successful Exam-AID schedule.
Creating a Schedule
- Create a Google Doc Excel sheet with all the courses and exam dates (per the course syllabi provided by the Coordinators) and share it with all your Coordinators. This should be done as soon as you have the course syllabi. You may choose to make separate documents or tabs for Midterm and Finals.
- Coordinators should add tentative Exam-AID session dates based on their Tutors’ availability.
- VP of Logistics should review the schedule and verify that the following considerations have been met:
- Make any necessary corrections and have Coordinators confirm the adjustments with their Tutors.
- Each Exam-AID should have multiple sessions to accommodate student schedules and keep the number of students per session to a reasonable number. Depending on past Exam-AID performance of that course, at least two and sometimes three sessions will need to be scheduled.
- Sessions should not be scheduled the night before an exam.
- Avoid having courses for the same year at the same time/day.
- Weekday sessions should be from 7-10pm (to avoid student class schedules).
- Share the final Exam-AID schedule with the Marketing and Finance Teams and send a copy to the rest of the chapter.
- Marketing and Finance can track their contributions to the Exam-AID sessions on the same document (i.e. next to the Exam-AID session date/time, Marketing could keep a record of the status of flyers for that session)
- Track any updates to the schedule (cancellations, changes, etc) on this document
- Once the final Exam-AID schedule has been completed, Coordinators need to book rooms. This should be done in the first few weeks to avoid conflicts.
- Follow the process for your school to book rooms. This process can be found in transition reports.
- Once rooms are booked, note the room location and capacity on the Google Doc Exam-AID schedule.
- Rooms should be CONFIRMED with the school prior to the Exam-AIDs.
Cancelling a Session (absolute last resort!)
- In the event that an Exam-AID session needs to be cancelled (sick Tutor, session not prepared, inclement weather, etc), the Chapter president and Olesya at Head Office need to be informed.
- Cancel the session online and verify that it has been removed from external website and social media.
- Email all registered students with the reschedule date (if it is being rescheduled) or the full course package (if it is not being rescheduled).
- On the day of the cancelled session, post a sign on the door(s) of the session room saying that it has been cancelled.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to the Logistics Toolkit – TABLE OF CONTENTS
Next Post: 5.2.2. Posting and Verifying Exam-AID Schedules