Major tasks managed by the use of the Portal include:
- Receive and integrate communications from SOS community, and manage profile and tasks
- Management of course, exam, and Exam-AID information.
- Course assignments to Tutors and Coordinators
- Updating and managing course packages
- Exam-AID Registration
Intro to Portal
The volunteer portal is your guide to all aspects of Students Offering Support that directly affect your position. Most job tools (such as course management and Exam-AID schedules) can be found in the Navigation Bar while upcoming tasks can be found in Task bar. The tabs along the top of the homepage can direct you to various resources that you may find useful, such as the E-Manual.
- Your login and password: your first initial and last name (i.e. jsmith for John Smith)
Navigation Bar (left side)
- Your Profile: Picture, personal description, contact info, and hours log. To edit information, click “manage” in the right corner of the profile box
- Navigation: Shows all options according to your position (i.e. VP logistics will be able to see all logistics options, coordinators will see all coordinator functions, etc). Familiarize yourself with all these options so you will know where to find the tools/information you need in the future.
Tasks + Calendar (right side)
- Your Tasks: Shows all upcoming tasks assigned to your position. Checking off a task will hide it from this page. You can add a task for yourself or others by clicking “Create a Task (for yourself/others)” in the lower right corner of the task box. You can manage your tasks, see completed tasks, and create multi-task lists by clicking “manage” in the upper right of the task box.
- Your Events: Google calendar that specific to each chapter showing upcoming events. Each department will also have their own calendar which can be shared. **This section is currently under development and not yet available.
- Recent Blogs: Shows recent blog posts from volunteers. You can submit a blog post by clicking “write your own blog!” and it will be posted after review.
Tabs (along the top)
- Files: This is the file manager for SOS. This is where chapter documents such as past course packages are stored and can be accessed. You can also upload files to this section.
- Leaderboards: Shows standings for overall chapter results, top tutors, upcoming Exam-AID registrations, and past Exam-AID registrations.
- Contact List: SOS organization-wide directory.
- E-Manual: Direct access to the E-Manual landing page. You can also access the E-Manual through your navigation menu. E-Manual is the hub of internal information for SOS and is organized by department for easy reference.
- Log-Out: Logs you out of the SOS portal.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.