In a typical class presentation, you will have about 5 minutes to present SOS to the students. To make sure you are prepared for these presentations, take a look at these important points.
Before making an in-class presentation:
- Be sure to have advanced permission from the professor! (For making contact with a new professor, check out Professor Email Template)
- Will Powerpoint/AV be available? Consider preparing a few slides for your presentation (check out PPT Slides In-Class)
- Figure out who will be presenting, when they need to be there, and where they need to go
- Wear SOS gear!!!
- Bring with you
- Promotional pamphlets (if available)
- USB key with any powerpoint of video you will be using in your presentation
- Exam-AID cards: business-card sized slips with SOS logo, chapter website, date, time, location of session for the SPECIFIC class/course you’re visiting
- Introduce yourself by name, state your position within SOS, and how you got involved with SOS
- Be sure to provide contact information – write chapter email on the board – if students have further questions or concerns
- Pass around Exam-AID cards
- The Pitch
- We are offering Exam-AID sessions for your specific course: __________
- It will be on _____ at _____am/pm, for locations please visit and register at chapter website
- SOS is different from all other student tutoring services
- Taught by an A/A+ student who has taken the exact same course
- Offered to you in your time of need: RIGHT before exams
- Course kit is included, with the course material explained thoroughly, practice questions, and frequently asked questions by students just like you
- Best of all, for a $20 donation to ACE your exam YOU get – a 3-hour session, along with an amazing course kit, taught by top students of the course
- About SOS
- SOS is an international registered charitable organization
- Students helping students since 2004:
- RAISING MARKS: Exam-AID sessions have helped over 12,500 students to prepare for upcoming exams
- RAISING MONEY: Raised over $700,000 to date
- RAISING ROOFS: Every penny of the money has gone to building sustainable development projects in Latin America
- Over 2,000 students volunteer across Canada, in chapters coast-to-coast and now chapters in U.S.A.
- YOU can help students in Latin America with your $20 donation, and get higher marks as a result. A win-win situation!
- Local opportunities – mention available positions and where students can go to learn more and apply
- Global opportunities – Outreach Trips (mention if applicable where your chapter has gone to in the past or where you are going this year)
- You can start volunteering right now!
- Network with other student leaders
- Build connections with professors and faculty
- Get an edge with our corporate sponsors during recruiting season: KPMG, HSBC, Manulife Financial
- Please remember to thank the professor, thank the students for their time, and to let them know to register at your chapter’s website
If you have any questions about making in-class presentations, feel free to email email@example.com.
Check out the Facebook page for Marketing VPs [DISPLAY_ACURAX_ICONS]