SOS wants you to share your experiences, be proud of what you do and blog about it. We provide 5 general rules and 15 quick tips to help get you started.
General Rules for Better Business Blogging- adapted from quickonlinetips.com
1. Subjects to avoid. There are just some things you shouldn’t talk about in your blog, or even in your social networks. Avoid three specific subjects: religion, politics, and intimate relationships. Keep this stuff for your personal accounts and avoid them like the plague for your online business presence.
2. Be personable, but not personal. When you are ‘personable’, you are allowing your own personality to shine through in your explanations of your ideas and descriptions of your services. Share your thoughts and experiences in light of your professional life, but be careful not to focus your message to a specific person or get too ‘personal’.
3. Stay on message. It’s easy to wander and suddenly find yourself taking about your car or your summer vacation. A business blog is not the place to dilute your objectives with peripheral information; start a personal blog for those things and keep your eye on the ball when writing about your organization.
4. Widen your audience. Your business blog represents an early-stage communications tool and should be targeting your widest audience possible. You are working on your business brand and digital reputation at this stage and shouldn’t be too focused on a specific segment of your total audience. There is the possibility that anyone could see it, so your message should be more universally appealing, emphasize branding, and more emotionally interesting rather than specific and technical.
5. Promote! You must promote your blog through all the online and social channels available to you. This means reminding people about it in emails, including it in your bio and linkedIn, posting the new blog onto Facebook and Twitter and updating the Website feed to make sure it’s on top.
15 Quick Blogging Tips for Beginners –adapted from buildbetterblogs.com
- Blogs must be given attractive title to catch the attention of the reader.
- Choose a topic that you like and that you know.
- Every post that you write for the blog must be different.
- The main concept that you are trying to talk about must be put in the first paragraph. And the following paragraphs must have its details.
- Content that is really useful and helpful will be shared by others.
- Blog must have at least a minimum of one post everyday or every week.
- Use microblogging services such as Twitter to socialize, meet new people and to share your blog posts.
- Target your audience and write content that will be liked by them.
- Inappropriate links must not be given.
- Be careful when linking commercial resources or sites.
- You must get involved with those people who comment in your site.
- Write short and break up the content with bullet points and headers.
- Convey the message in an informal and friendly style.
- It is unnecessary to reply to each of the comments. Watch for spam comments.
- Edit your blog title, heading, content, add an image and check for grammatical errors.
Check out the Facebook page for Marketing VPs [DISPLAY_ACURAX_ICONS]